CEN Programs Coordinator
Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community and engage with local nonprofits while helping CEN deliver critical programs? As our new programs coordinator, you'll work closely with our team of leadership development specialists to schedule and support all CEN training opportunities. You'll experience a rewarding and professional working environment committed to recognizing the value of staff's growth, ideas, and talents. Staff also enjoy access to our training and professional development programs at no cost.
At the Center for Excellence in Nonprofits (CEN), we believe that effective leadership is critical to the success of the nonprofit organizations in this community. We are committed to building strong relationships with our nonprofit colleagues, fully understanding their challenges, providing access to exceptional resources to meet their needs, and connecting nonprofit and community leaders in ways that strengthen us all.
As the established local resource for information on nonprofit leadership and governance, CEN works closely with nonprofit organizations throughout Silicon Valley and supports a diverse group of chief executives, emerging leaders, and board members. We strive to develop strong community partnerships and offer inclusive programs that serve all levels of nonprofit professionals with varying backgrounds, passions, and goals.
CEN’s vision is a powerful, vibrant and effective nonprofit community. We enable leaders to learn and implement the best practices of management and governance in their organizations for the betterment of the communities they serve.
Our mission is to improve the long-term sustainability of nonprofit leaders and organizations by offering the highest quality programs, consultation, training and community-building networks.
This is your opportunity to join an organization that is dedicated to supporting current and future nonprofit leaders and building a strong and equitable community. The CEN programs coordinator will play a key role in delivery of our critical nonprofit resources and training. Reporting to the Sr. leadership development specialist, this role will be responsible for providing administrative support for all programmatic activities, including: scheduling, resource management, and client services.
This position is part-time (20hrs/week+) with some in office requirements (may be remote until shelter-in-place is lifted). CEN offers competitive benefits (including access to our training and professional development programs at no cost) and significant growth potential. The starting salary is offered at $50K-$55K annually and pro-rated accordingly.
The Programs Coordinator Duties Include:
- Deliver excellent customer service for all programming via phone, email, and in-person sessions
- General administrative support for programs, including work with the operations coordinator on outreach and registration management
- Maintain clean contact/program records to support effective data analysis
- Manage CEN calendar(s) with limited consultation and oversee CEN program scheduling and logistics
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations and course handouts; perform substantial editing and fact checking when needed
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems
- The programs coordinator is expected to participate in at least two special events during non-business hours
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree and two+ years of nonprofit experience (in administrative or program support role), or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Strong cultural competency
- High proficiency in calendar management and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to work with a wide variety of backgrounds and personalities at all levels within an organization
- Enjoys an environment that supports a teamwork-focused approach and is able to contribute and be flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced/high proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks/projects
Preferred skills include:
- Passion for, and knowledge of, leadership development and nonprofit management best practices
CEN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with its obligations under the law, CEN will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered and we respectfully request no phone calls.