CEN Programs & Communications Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community and engage with local nonprofits? CEN is searching for a detail-oriented and customer-focused individual to join the team as CEN’s first program and communications manager. This position will take on a pivotal role in CEN’s growth by helping to support critical areas of our business. Experience a rewarding and professional working environment committed to recognizing the value of staff's growth, ideas, and talents. Staff also enjoy access to our training and professional development programs at no cost.
At the Center for Excellence in Nonprofits (CEN), we believe that effective leadership is critical to the success of the nonprofit organizations in this community. We are committed to building strong relationships with our nonprofit colleagues, fully understanding their challenges, providing access to exceptional resources to meet their needs, and connecting nonprofit and community leaders in ways that strengthen us all.
As the established local resource for information on nonprofit leadership and governance, CEN works closely with nonprofit organizations throughout Silicon Valley and supports a diverse group of chief executives, emerging leaders, and board members. We strive to develop strong community partnerships and offer inclusive programs that serve all levels of nonprofit professionals with varying backgrounds, passions, and goals.
CEN’s vision is a powerful, vibrant and effective nonprofit community. We enable leaders to learn and implement the best practices of management and governance in their organizations for the betterment of the communities they serve.
Our mission is to improve the long-term sustainability of nonprofit leaders and organizations by offering the highest quality programs, consultation, training and community-building networks.
This is your opportunity to join an organization that is dedicated to supporting current and future nonprofit leaders and building a strong and equitable community. The CEN communications and program manager will be a key part of the CEN team. Reporting to the development and communications director, this role will be responsible for providing: strong customer service; administrative support for programmatic, marketing, and fund development activities; and thought partnership to achieve CEN’s impact and growth goals.
This position is full-time (in office) with competitive benefits (including access to our training and professional development programs at no cost) and significant growth potential. The starting salary is offered at $45K-$50K annually.
The Programs & Communications Manager Duties Include:
- Deliver excellent customer service across all facets of the organization (ex. clients, donors, community partners) via phone, email, and in-person meetings
- General office management and administrative support for development, marketing, customer relations, and programs
- In partnership with the development and communications director, manage and implement CEN’s editorial calendar, which supports various marketing efforts (e-mail blasts, social media, community outreach, etc.)
- Maintain clean contact, donor, program, and membership records to support effective communications and data analysis
- Prepare and document gift acknowledgements and work with development and communications director to track/analyze fund development efforts
- Analyze and update quarterly Impact Report and support program evaluation
- Preparation and participation in CEN fundraising and outreach events
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with project planning/execution, project analysis, event planning, logistics, and preparation
- Establish priorities, identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature
- Manage CEN calendar(s) with limited consultation and oversee CEN program scheduling and logistics
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, email blasts, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems
- Execute membership drives
- The program and communications manager is expected to participate in at least two special events during non-business hours
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree and at least four years of nonprofit experience (in development, customer service, and/or administrative support role), or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to work with a wide variety of backgrounds and personalities at all levels within an organization
- Enjoys an environment that supports a teamwork-focused approach and is able to contribute and be flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced/high proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to build/maintain relationships w/vendors, corporations, and partners
Preferred skills include:
- Passion for, and knowledge of, leadership development and nonprofit management best practices
- Graphic design and/or web design experience
- Detailed data management and analysis
CEN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with its obligations under the law, CEN will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered and we respectfully request no phone calls.