CEN Leadership Development Specialist
At the Center for Excellence in Nonprofits (CEN), we believe that leadership is critical to the success of the nonprofit organizations in this community. We are committed to building strong relationships with our nonprofit colleagues, fully understanding their challenges, providing access to exceptional resources to meet their needs, and connecting nonprofit and community leaders in ways that strengthen all of us.
As the established local resource for information on nonprofit leadership and governance, CEN works closely with nonprofit organizations throughout Silicon Valley and supports a diverse group of chief executives, emerging leaders, and board members. We strive to develop strong community partnerships and offer programs that are intentionally designed to serve all levels of nonprofit professionals with varying backgrounds, passions, and goals.
CEN’s vision is a powerful, vibrant and effective nonprofit community. We enable leaders to learn and implement the best practices of management and governance in their organizations for the betterment of the communities they serve.
Our mission is to improve the long-term sustainability of nonprofit leaders and organizations by offering the highest quality programs, consultation, training and community-building networks.
This is your opportunity to join an organization that is dedicated to supporting current and future nonprofit leaders and building a strong and equitable community. Experience a flexible and professional working environment committed to recognizing the value of staff's growth, ideas, and talents.
The CEN Leadership Development Specialist is a key part of the CEN team, providing consulting and facilitation services to our nonprofit clients. This position is part-time (around 20hrs/week) and includes flexible hours, benefits, and lots of growth potential. The starting salary, based on a full-time position, is offered at $75K-$85K annually and will be pro-rated accordingly.
The Leadership Development Specialist duties include:
- Develop content and provide facilitation for CEN's Executive Director Roundtables
- Deliver workshops on nonprofit governance, leadership, organizational effectiveness, and customized offerings
- Support Senior Leadership Development Specialists with content and facilitation of Leaders Institute, the Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Programs, and Board Consulting Engagements
- Evaluation of programs for continuous improvement
- Participation in CEN fundraising and outreach events
Skills and Qualifications:
- Dedication to building high-performing organizations and supporting leadership development in the nonprofit sector
- Commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion
- Proven experience in classroom or workshop facilitation
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated experience in using project management tools (e.g. flow charts, information maps, etc.)
- Able to work with a wide variety of backgrounds and personalities at all levels within an organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent working knowledge of nonprofit management, leadership, and governance
- Ability to be flexible and contribute effectively to a staff team
- Willingness to become a BoardSource certified trainer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for, and knowledge of, leadership development
Preferred skills include:
- Successful prior experience as a Nonprofit Executive Director strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design
- Background in organizational development theories
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with vendors, corporations, and other partners
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We respectfully request no phone calls.
The Center for Excellence in Nonprofits (CEN) is an equal opportunity employer.